Ep 133: Are Preppers Overreacting to Perceived Threats?
I don’t think there can be any doubt that SOME preppers and survivalists overestimate the situation we are in and are preparing for the end of the world. Yes, it’s quite rational to prepare for hard economic times ahead, but some people take this rational concern and morph into ”DOOMSDAY PREPPERS.”
No, economic hard times aren’t enough for these folks. They have to drop a cool mill on a bomb shelter in the middle of the Dakotas. They PLAN for armageddon and await it with giddy delight. These people are nuts. It’s obvious they are overreacting to perceived threats. Now, let’s take a look at you…
You are concerned with economic upheavals and the state of the economy. You see a “quickening” of disasters, political turmoil, wars, violence and information. With the limited means you have, you plant a few trees, a garden, try to pay down your debts and store a little food. You need to know that you aren’t nuts, and you’re not even overreacting. You are preparing for emergencies, no different than the person who keeps a flashlight or two in the house for when the power goes off. Actually, you are quite normal and, in fact, intelligent. YOU are to be commended for your efforts and preparedness. Keep doing what you’re doing. You’ve awakened and you’re on the right path.
But what about the fringe preppers and doomsdayers out there? What if they’re right? What about them. Yes, what about them? There always have been and always will be doomsdayers preparing for the end or proclaiming the end is near.
______________________SO WHAT DO WE MAKE OF ALL OF THIS?____________________________________________________
- Simple, keep prepping.
- Only good comes from planting a garden or an orchard.
- Continue getting out of debt.
- Keep storing food and becoming more self-reliant. It works.
- IGNORE all of the NOISE in the channel: tune out all of the paranoia about the end of the world, BUT you must LIKEWISE tune out the naysayers that belittle preppers and what you’re doing.
- Stop being a creature OF the world and simply be a person living IN the world: don’t get sucked in by trends and what others think. You know what’s right. DO it. It’s okay to be seen as different.
- Our country and its citizens are trillions of dollars in debt. Our government is clueless at best and corrupt at worst.
- Our citizens foolishly spend like there’s no tomorrow.
- Kids forego the outside to play video games and watch tv incessantly.
- The world has lost its way. To be slightly at odds with this insane world means there just MAY be hope for you yet.
Hangin’ With My Tweets
I’ve been doing a lot of tweeting lately. I thought I needed to discuss some of the important ones today.Go to my twitter feed for the links and the full story.
- Arab Spring run amok: ‘Brotherhood’ starts crucifixions http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/arab-spring-run-amok-brotherhood-starts-crucifixions/ …
- Biden’s ‘good friend,’ donor receives $20M federal loan to open foreign luxury car dealership in Ukraine http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/17/bidens-good-friend-donor-receives-20m-federal-loan/ …
- The Other Way In | Backpacker Magazine http://www.backpacker.com/2012-august-features-life-list-hot-spots-the-other-way-in/destinations/16714?utm_source=newsletter01&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter01 …
- Taxmageddon map and tax increases. http://heritageaction.com/taxmageddon/?utm_source=heritageaction&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=taxmageddon …
- Disgraced Penn State pres gets big security job w/ fed govt. R U kiddin me? http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-07-25/penn-state-graham-spanier-president-federal-government-job-national-security-fre …
Just to give you some perspective, here’s a sampling of the doomsday prophecies that have been recorded through history.