Ep 105_Myths and Common Sense
Common Prepper Myths are discussed and debunked. Survival lists are useless without perspective and common sense.
Some common myths discussed:
- You’ll bug out and be camping for most disasters
- Guns are the first and only need in a survival situation
- You can hide indefinitely
- You’ll be fine if some event happens
- You need an SUV and Camper to survive
- It will be just like an emergency on tv
- I’ll have everything I need if I’m a good prepper
Some common sense discussed:
- USE your EEB (Emergency Evacuation Bag) on a weekend getaway. Take nothing else and see how you did. Take notes on what you forgot.
- Re-pack your EEB according to the seasons
- Have a fall-back room in your house if an emergency happens. Where should everyone meet if you hear someone banging on the door or you are in fear?
- If you have to use your gun in a survival situation (other than for hunting) your preps/survival plans have failed.