Ep 092_Radiation Risk From the TSA
What’s the real risk form all of this TSA X-ray scanning at the airports?
Nobody knows. Nobody knows what the long-term effects are and YOU need to know that. These scans cause many problems:
- Naked body scan or pat-down?
- There ARE health dangers associated with radiation…any radiation.
- Pilots/attendants/people who live & work at altitude all get more rads. The higher up you are, the more rads (radiation) you get.
- What we do know: chest X-rays are bad for you and are only used when needed, but the skin is getting clobbered with rads.
- FDA says body scanner rick is “miniscule”… NOT ZERO.
- Dr. Michael Love at Johns Hopkins says,” No exposure to X-ray is considered beneficial. We know X-rays are hazardous.
In conclusion, protect yourself with information and make an informed decision. Reduce your X-ray exposure as much as you can. Weigh the inconvenience of a pat-down against the risk of radiological bombardment. Be safe. Be smart. Don’t trust what the government tells you. Do your own research.