Core Beliefs of HD
The basic principles of Homestead Dividends…This is an organic, living document that may change a bit over the years, but is a good basic statement of what I believe and why I believe it.
These Principles Include:
- The Homestead Dividends model is for all people for all walks of life.
- A person’s home is their castle.
- Live as self-sufficiently/reliantly as possible.
- Assume food grown elsewhere is inferior.
- Family always comes first.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Always live within the law.
- Assume a disaster will happen and prepare accordingly.
- Act in terms of what grandmother/father would do.
- Improve the utility of your house. (Always be improving your house/homestead)
- Make your house beautiful
- Avoid “paying into the system” as much as possible–DIY, Barter, etc.
- Keep a low profile.
- There is no one right way to live
- Homestead Dividends is about taking homesteading and home/life improvement into the 21st century.